What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When commenting, registering or ordering on our site you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. We do not want to know your SSN, your mother’s maiden name or your shoe size. If you share your ring size, we might do something with that.
When do we collect information?
We only collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site. We’re not mind readers, so unless you type it, we can’t see it.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features to allow us to better respond to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
• We use vulnerability scanning and/or regular malware scanning.
• We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
• Your PII is contained behind secured networks. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
• All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
• Magic unicorns patrol the castle walls.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
• You can change your personal information by logging in to your account.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking. Sounds scary.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. Pursuant to CAN-SPAM:
• We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• We do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• We identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• We include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• We monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• We honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• We allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.